A calzone is an Italian filled oven bread shaped like a folded pizza. It’s usually half-moon shape, but with homemade version, you can make some variation and try the round shape. Here is an easy way to make calzones with a glass cup. Isn’t that creative? You can choose your favorite ingredients for the stuffing. It’s a great alternative to pizza. Let’s try it!
- Flour of your choices;
- Tomatoes and other ingredients of your choices;
- Paper towel;
- Rolling pin;
- Glass cup.
- Make the dough from your favorite flour and cover with wet paper towels and rest for 15 minutes.
- Make two sheets of pie crust and place slices of tomatoes on one of the pie crusts.
- Place your favorite ingredients on the tomato slices: cheese, cream cheese, herbs, onion, salt, pepper, etc.
- Place the other sheet of pie crust on top and seal the edge.
- Use a glass cup to cut out the round calzones. Make sure each calzone is tightly sealed at the edge.
- Bake at 375 F until brown and serve with your favorite sauce.
You may also like these cute mini tortilla crust pizzas.