I love homemade bread because I like the fresh smell when the hot bread is just taken out of the oven. It’s so soft and tasty. I love it even more when it looks like the adorable piglet face in the above photo. It looks so cheerful. I can’t help smiling when I look at it. It’s very easy to make. Just do some little tricks on the dough and you can impress your family with this cute piglet face bread. I am sure everyone will love it. Let’s try it!
What you need:
- 3 teaspoon active dry yeast;
- 1 cup warm water;
- 1/3 cup softened butter;
- 1/4 cup of sugar;
- 1 teaspoon salt;
- 2 eggs;
- 4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour or bread flour;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 1 tablespoon of cold water.
How to do:
- Mix the ingredients except the egg yolk to make the dough, cover it with wet paper towels and rest for 15 minutes.
- When it’s done, roll the dough flat into a thin sheet and use a cup to cut out round shaped buns.
- Make a small triangular cut on the buns and brush some egg yolk on them.
- Flip the two sides of the triangular cut to form the ears of the piglet.
- Make a small round dough and place on the buns. Press the middle of the dough with your finger to make the nose of the piglet.
- Use raisins or black beans for the eyes of the piglet.
- Let the dough rise until about double in size.
- Preheat the oven and bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees F or until golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!